UGC NET JRF Mass Communication and Journalism Coaching is available in Delhi by Indias No-1 Coaching Institute "Humanities Point" with excellent study material, tutorials and test papers for Mass Communication and Journalism entrance. Get an Opportunity to enroll in Top Coaching of India to Crack NET JRF Mass Communication and Journalism 2018.
Classroom Coaching for Mass Communication NET-JRF Subject. If You are an Aspirant of 2018 Bach NET/JRF with Mass Communication, You can Join our innovative Batch for the Target NET/JRF-2018. We carefully cover entire syllabus of NET-JRF Mass Communication with the solution of Past Years Papers, Sample Papers and also focus on the preparation of important questions for NET-JRF Mass Communication.
Our NET-JRF Coaching in Delhi for Subject is Available in Regular Classroom Coaching as well as through Correspondence Study by sending you study materials for Mass Communication Subject. We are Leaders in Preparation of NET-JRF for Mass Communication Students and have supplied 99% Success rate in the previous year batches.
UGC NET Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism
UGC NET Mass Communication Paper II & Paper III ( Part A & B )
- Communication and Journalism Basic terms, Concepts and definition, Nature and Process.
- Types of Communication.
- Mass Communication Nature of Media and Content.
- Mass Communication in India Reach, access and Nature of Audience.
- Role of Media in Society.
- Characteristics of Indian Society Demographic and Sociological impact of media in general.
- Impact of media on specific audiences Women, children, etc.
- Mass media effects studies and their limitations.
- Mass campaigns for specific issues Social concerns, environment, human rights, gender equality.
- The press, radio, television, cinema and traditional form of communication.
- Journalism as a Profession.
- Journalists asTheir role and responsibilities.
- Indian Constitution and freedom of press.
- Research Restrictions.
- Ethics and Journalism.
- Careers in Journalism and Mass Media.
- Training as Problems, perception and response by the industry Media management Principles and practices.
- Professional organisations in Media
- Media Laws in India.
- History of Print and Broadcast media in general with particular reference to India.
- Post as independent developments in print.
- Newspapers as English and Indian language press major landmarks.
- Magazines as Their role, bookphase and contemporary situation.
- Small newspapers as Problems and prospects.
- Press Commission, Press Councils as Their recommendations and status.
- Development of Radio after independence as Extension role, radio rural forums and local broadcasting as General and specific audience programs.
- Development of Television as Perception, initial development and experimental approach; SITE phase and evaluation; Expansion of television as Post Asiad phase, issues concerns and debates over a period of time.
- Committees in broadcasting as Background, recommendations and implementation.
- Cinema as Historical overview and contemporary analysis as Commercial, parallel and documentary genres as Problems and prospects for the film industry.
- Communication and theories of social change.
- Role of media in social change Dominant paradigms.
- Critique of the Dominant paradigm and alternative conception.
- Development initiatives State, market and the third force (NGO sector).
- Participatory approaches and community media Ownership and management perspectives.
- Introduction of research methods and process
- Mass communication research Historical overview
- Administrative and critical traditions
- Effects research Strengths and Limitations.
- Communication research in India Landmark studies related to SITE.
- Content analysis Quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Market research and its relationship to Communication particularly advertising.
- Sampling techniques Strengths and Limitations.
- Statistical methods of analysis basics.
- Colonial Structures of Communication.
- Decolonisation and aspirations of nations.
- Conflicts related to media coverage and representation.
- International news agencies Critique.
- MacBride Commission Recommendations and policy options.
- Contemporary issues related to transnational broadcasting and its impact on culture, various perspectives and cultural impact.
- Convergence of media Problems and options.
- Media Policies in an International Context.
- India's position and approach to international communication issues.
- Radio & TV and Video as Media of Communication.
- Grammar of TV & Radio and Video.
- The Production Team.
- Role of Producer.
- Different Types of Programs :
- Writing for Radio
- Writing for TV Researching for Scripts
- The Visual Language
- Camera Movements
- Basic Theories of Composition Cues and Commands.
- Formats for Radio Television News, Sitcoms, Features, Commercials, Operas, Documentaries, Cinema, Theatre, Drama.
- Editing Theory and Practice.
- Sound Design, Microphones, Sets and Lighting.
- Satellite, Cable television, Computers, Microchips.
- Ad copy and Layout.
- Public Relations.
- Public Opinion.
- The Techniques.
- Different forms of writing.
- Printing Technology and Production methods.
- News agencies.
- Syndicates and Freelancing.
- Specialised areas of Journalism.